I’m a hot beverage fiend. Tea, coffee, even just plain hot water…I’ll take it. So, naturally, I’m a big fan of any treats that pair well with these beverages! Cue the Biscotti.
I used to make biscotti quite a bit before I switched to whole wheat baking. I was so obsessed with mastering scones and biscuits, that I unfortunately forgot about my favorite tea time partner. I have a fairly simple recipe here for Cranberry Almond Biscotti dipped in ever-glorious White Chocolate. Brew yourself a hot cup and give these lovely italian confections a try 🙂
Just as an FYI, these make an awesome Holiday gift, lending to their festive colors!
White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Almond Biscotti
1 ¾ Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 Cup of Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoons of Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon of Salt
1/3 Cup of Roughly Chopped Almonds
¼ Cup of White Chocolate Chips
½ Cup of Craisins
* I used an additional ¼ Cup and finely chopped for a garnish (Optional)
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup + 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (or oil of choice, I like the crispness from the olive oil)
Turbinado Sugar for Garnish (Optional)
White Chocolate Dip
1 ½ Cups of White Chocolate Chips or Candy Melts
* If using chips, add 1 Tablespoon of oil and microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring after each round. If using Candy Melts, follow the directions on the package
* Dip half of your biscotti in the white chocolate. Garnish with chopped craisins and a sprinkle turbinado sugar.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix your flour, baking powder, and salt in oil bowl.
- In another bowl, mix your oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. After thoroughly mixed, fold in your craisins, almonds, and white chocolate chips. Slowly add your flour mixture, mixing as you pour. I generally start with a fork and finish off mixing with my hands.
- Chill your dough in the refrigerator for roughly ten minutes.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper then spray with non-stick spray. Take half of your dough and place on one baking sheet. Place the second half on the other.
- Form each dough ball into a long, rounded log. They will bake outwards, so the log shape will help to give the biscotti their trademark shape.
- Bake the dough for approximately 34-36 minutes, or until the bottom edge is lightly golden.
- Take your baking sheets out of the oven and leave to cool, roughly 10-15 minutes. Reduce your oven to 275° while your biscotti cool.
- You will now cut your biscotti horizontally, to give you long slices. I used a long bread knife. Start on one end and lean into the knife. Try not to saw through to avoid cracking the cookie.
- Lay your sliced biscotti several inches apart and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- You can either enjoy your biscotti once they cooled, or you can sexify them a little bit! I dipped half in white chocolate, then garnished with chopped craisins and raw turbinado sugar. Enjoy :).
One thought on “Cranberry Almond Biscotti dipped in White Chocolate (Whole Wheat)”
Reblogged this on COMMITING CARBOCIDE .